Robert H. Goddard MS 202
Principal: William Fitzgerald138-30 Lafayette StreetOzone Park, New York 11417Phone: 718-848-0001Fax: 718-848-8082
September 11, 2001 "Never Forget"
Important School Information
- Students, parents and caregivers. It is very important to create a Pupilpath Account. We are working on using electronic means of communication. Please contact our Parent Coordinator Judy Rea for information. (718-848-0001 ext 1160)
School Year 2019/2020!
It's not too early to think about the NY State exams
ELA..............March 25th & March 26th
MATH...........April 22 & April 23rd
- Monday, October 7th - PTA Bake sale to benefit the Adewale family
- Wednesday, October 9th - No school- Yom Kippur
- Friday, October 11th - PTA boutique sale for breast cancer awareness
- Monday, October 14th - No School - Columbus Day
- Thursday, October 17 - Wear pink for breast cancer awareness
- Friday, October 18 - 9:00 am - Annual Title I Meeting in auditorium followed by our first PTA meeting
- Thursday, October 24 - 6:00 pm - Workshop for families on understanding the high school application process
- Monday October 28 - Breast cancer walks begin and will take place all week during auditorium periods.
- Wednesday, October 30 - Specialized High School exam will be administered at MS 202 for all registered 8th graders
What Drives Us?
ROBERT H. GODDARD MIDDLE SCHOOL 202 ~ 2019 – 2020 SY
Chancellor’s Priorities and Initiatives
- Accelerate Learning and Instruction
- Partner with Communities
- Develop People
- 4. Advance Equity Now
Dr. Spencer’s Vision/D27
To ensure every student achieves mastery of grade level expectations in order to be ready for college and careers.
District Mission Statement
To ensure that schools exhibit rigorous and equitable opportunities for every student.
Self-Regulation/Student Agency- Communication/Collaboration- Engagement and Empathy- Work Habits/Organization- Persistence/Perseverance
By June of 2020, teachers will develop rigorous instruction in Mathematics as measured by a goal target of 117.6 as set by the NYS Report Card.
By June of 2020, chronic absenteeism of sub-groups will reach a goal target of 14 as set by the NYS Report Card.
By June of 2020, teachers will develop rigorous instruction in ELA as measured by a goal target of 158.7 as set by the NYS Report Card.
MS 202 Mission Statement
The mission of Robert H. Goddard Middle School is to provide all students with a comprehensive education with a particular emphasis on the Fine Arts (Band, Chorus, Visual Arts and Theater), so they are able to view the world through a holistic lens and be well prepared to greet the various challenges of college and career, as intrinsically motivated, socially conscious, and inspired individuals.
This goal will be accomplished by providing all students with rigorous instruction through Common Core Standards driven lessons, developing and retaining highly effective teachers, infusing cutting edge technology into every classroom, as well as, advancing equity and inclusion for all students which will be made possible by a shared philosophy through a cultivated and vested partnership with all the stakeholders in the school community.
MS 202 Focus/Vision Statement
Our focus is to develop effective and highly effective practices in questioning and discussion techniques to strengthen and build conversational and academic language knowledge.
MS 202 Instructional Absolutes
1. Learning Objectives/Learning targets- Every lesson, every class must have an individual L.O. Here we ask that teachers use...."by the end of the lesson SWBAT" (students will be able to).
2. Notice and Note strategies across all classrooms.
3. Word Gen across all classrooms to build vocabulary. (word wall, weekly Word Gen protocol)
4. Use of Questioning and Discussion strategies across all classrooms. (foster student discourse to build understanding and high order thinking)
5. Task Driven lessons to engage students to deepen thinking (productive struggle).